Day Trip Arusha National Park
Pick up from Arusha town and drive to Arusha National Park. The park (137km?), has terrain ranging from open savannah through acacia scrublands to Afro-montane cloud and rain forest and Afro-alpine vegetation similar to Mount Kilimanjaro.
There are several alkaline lakes and the spectacular Ngurdoto Crater. Mammal species include elephant, buffalo, various primates, giraffe, leoppard and Columbus Monkeys. Hiking is allowed if accompanied by an armed guard and the climb up Mount Meru is superb, often giving the best views available of Mount Kilimanjaro. At 4,556m, Mount Meru is the fifth highest mountain in Africa and is located in the Arusha National Park. Lunch is served at Momela Wildlife Lodge. The tour ends in Arusha town at around 1700hrs.
What to do & see:-
- Nature walking safari with armed game ranger
- Game drive within the park with 4WD safari jeep with an open roof
- Visit Mommela lakes one of the chief attraction on this park
- Best view of Mount Meru the 2nd highest peak in Tanzania
- Bird watching tour
- Visit Ngurdoto Crater which is accessible by feet
- Forest walk
- Visit Tululusia & Maiondio waterfalls one of the best attraction after long day hiking
- Black Columbus Monkey marking the miombo forest along the park